Welcome to CREI Partners new website and blog! I am excited to introduce you to CREI Partners and hopefully earn your trust to invest with us in multi-family apartment buildings.
I am fortunate to have found my passion in real estate early in my life. After being honorably discharged from the Marine Corps in 2007, I was hired by CBRE to manage an office and retail portfolio in Washington, D.C.
After building a strong foundation in commercial real estate, I was looking to return to my home state, Texas, and took an internal transfer opportunity in 2012 to manage Fulbright Tower in Downtown Houston. I later managed Marathon Oil Tower and then found my way back to my hometown, Austin, to manage 100 Congress.
I am proud to continue working for CBRE after 12.5 years while taking on this exciting new chapter with CREI Partners. This will benefit my current clients as I manage properties with an owner mindset and benefit CREI Partners as I bring my knowledge and experience to implement property strategic plans to grow investors’ wealth.
I have and continue to work closely with the best in the commercial real estate industry, learning and implementing world-class service operations and maximizing property value for our clients. My experience in real estate operations, leading teams, and executing property strategic plans add direct value to our real estate investments.
After a lot of consideration and research on where CREI Partners will focus its real estate investments, multi-family apartments became our priority investment asset class due to the following reasons:
- Average annual returns of 9.75% from 1992-2018 making it one of the best asset classes to invest in.
- Reduced investment risk as historically shown in low delinquency rates from past economic recessions. People need a place to live regardless of economic conditions!
- Tax benefits to the extent of paying little to no tax on returns until sale and having the opportunity to reinvest profits at sale to a new property without taxes through a 1031 exchange—creating generational wealth!
- Demographics where we are seeing a decline in homeownership with an increasing population. Increased rental demand with limited supply provides higher returns!
- Opportunity to positively impact our communities we invest in by improving the property and giving back.
Having a company that is built on a strong foundation is critical. CREI Partners is built on four pillars, detailed below, that will guide us through selecting apartment investments and implementing our strategy. These pillars will protect and grow our investors’ capital along with retaining trust with all whom we do business with.
1. Disciplined Strategy
- We focus on cash flow, not appreciation. Forced appreciation through cash flow focuses on decreasing expenses and increasing revenues through creative processes.
- We secure conservative and disciplined debt to weather any financial storm that may come to reduce risk for our investor’s capital.
- We have cash reserves upfront in our operating account to allow maximum flexibility and strength regardless of market conditions.
2. Investment Transparency
- The transparency starts when we first connect with an investor and continues throughout our partnership.
- Our Investor Portal provides full transparency on the asset and provides current progress updates on the property. Quarterly calls are scheduled as a touchpoint in the investment process.
- We handle the life cycle of the investment while you receive available after-expense quarterly cash flow distributions. All financial information, including distributions, return calculations, statements, and K-1s, are available in the Investor Portal.
3. Disciplined Strategy
- We build strong partnerships with market brokers, attorneys, lenders, tax advisors, and other experts in the multi-family industry. We are bigger than our company and challenge ourselves to surround our team with the best in the industry.
- We do our homework extensively and use the resources of our partners and research platforms to ensure we have the best market knowledge available.
4. Results Driven
- We do not benefit in the returns after expenses until our investors are paid their preferred returns.
- We strive to exceed investors’ target return expectations. When results are met, more wealth is created, providing opportunities to partner in the future.
- We are investing alongside you. We treat your investment as if it were our own always.
Thank you for reading about CREI Partners and my background. I look forward to posting blogs that will add value to active and passive investors and share our passion for Commercial Real Estate Investing!
If you are interested in being part of our future investment opportunities as a passive investor, please reach out to me by emailing email@example.com.