Are you passionate about personal and professional growth? If you are on a mission to help other people capitalize on the benefits of real estate investing, you’re not alone.
In this episode, Wayne talks to Sandhya Seshadri, founder and CEO of MultiFamily4You. Sandhya knowledge of the multifamily space and local neighborhoods makes her an ideal “boots on the ground” asset manager for Dallas properties. Sandhya has invested as a limited partner, key principal, or general partner in more than 3,500 doors; totaling $200 million in assets. Having been successful in the equities markets for 20 years, Sandhya shifted to commercial real estate due to tax advantages and ability to force appreciate assets.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Why shift from stock market to multifamily? Reduce tax burden, produce passive income
- How? Bonus depreciation, cost segregation, and real estate professional designation
- Syndication Concept: Immediate access to money and multifamily mastermind investors
- COVID and Cash: Real estate is less liquid than stocks and cash, not short-term safety
- Passive Investments: 75% suspended distributions will be made up; 7% average return
- Eviction Rule: What landlords can and cannot do if tenant does not pay rent
- Multifamily Metrics: Before investing in deals, do you know, like, and trust sponsors?
- Passive to Active: Understand underwriting, find mentors/partners, perform due diligence
- Property Portfolio: People don’t witness systems, processes, and pain of syndication
- Third-Party PM: Set expectations for renting units, retaining tenants, and collecting rents
Links and Resources:
Sandhya Seshadri on LinkedIn
Sandhya Seshadri’s Email: email@example.com
Real Estate Professional Designation
Enhanced Qualified Retirement Plan (eQRP)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Free Passive Investor eBook by Wayne Courreges
The Untold Stories of Real Estate Investing Podcast