Is it possible to raise capital in the COVID-19 environment? It takes sourcing new investors and maintaining relationships with current ones by being a trusted resource.
In this episode, Wayne talks to Andrew Lucas, Director of Capital Markets at Trion Properties, which maximizes investor returns by increasing net operating income through heavy renovation and aggressive lease-up.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Extensive Experience: Finance, investor relations, commercial/residential real estate
- Risky Decision: Team up with high-growth entrepreneurs or startup your own shop?
- Organic vs. Progressive Growth: Friends and family money to robust investor network
- Funds: Raise and allocate property investments to reduce risk and increase returns
- Resident Experience: Increase renovation value by repurposing property amenities
- COVID-19: Double-down on communication efforts with investors, residents, network
- Equilibrium: Navigating natural obstacles of raising capital and acquiring properties
- Debt vs. Equity Funds: Money and no loans, or loans and no money
- Real Estate Relationships: Be transparent, engaging, available, ethical, and dedicated
- Investment Markets: Be an inch wide and a mile deep vs. a mile wide and an inch deep
- Keys to Success: Different markets require different learning curves and due diligence
- Routine Habits/Best Practices: Create structure, culture, and pay attention to details
Links and Resources: