In this episode, Wayne talks to Christopher Nelson, Co-founder, and Principal of Wealthward Capital, about building successful teams and passionately protecting sensitive investor data.
Wealthward Capital is a private equity investment firm that invests in cash-flowing, institutional-grade assets and has acquired more than 3,000 multifamily units.
Christopher focuses on meeting with operators and finding the next investment. When not seeking opportunities, he educates investors on building thriving passive income portfolios.
Also, Christopher is a technology executive, real estate investor, educator, and author. He has built professional services practices, run small businesses, and took Splunk (SPLK) through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) to grow it to a billion-dollar company. Christopher is known for building strong partnerships, win-win negotiations, and finding opportunities where others are not looking.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- How Christopher shifted from a tech background to getting started in real estate
- What Christopher would have done differently to scale faster and smaller
- Onboarding Process: Press and push as much as possible with operators
- Project Communication: Builds trust with operators and passive investors
- Mentors and Masterminds: Where you tell personal brand stories and solve problems
- Cyber Security: New frontier of crime where email, devices w/out passwords aren’t safe
- Investing in 2022:
- Equity vs. Cash Flow: What is more important right now?
- Do you want investments and partnerships where capital is cycled in 2-3 years?
- What kind of hold period are you wanting with asset classes?
Links and Resources:
Passive Real Estate Investments for Tech Employees / Wealthward Capital
Thrive Community Fund
Jeremy Roll of Roll Investment Group
You Are The Brand by Mike Kim
Intelligent Investors Real Estate Conference (IIREC)
Free Passive Investor eBook by Wayne Courreges
The Untold Stories of Real Estate Investing Podcast
Leave a Reply