In this episode, Wayne talks to Chris Freeman, Principal Partner at High Tech Freedom, about consistency, processes, and technology in real estate.
Chris is an experienced real estate investor with $30 million in assets under management. His 20 years of real estate investment has focused exclusively on multifamily apartment buildings that generate immediate cash flow.
For more than 25 years, Chris has been fortunate to experience financial success through high-tech sales and sales leadership. He learned how to achieve a high level of performance in sales while re-deploying a portion of his commissions into cash flow generating real estate.
Through a consistent process over time, Chris created enough passive income to replace his high-tech sales income. This success inspired Chris to create High Tech Freedom Capital and help peers achieve their own personal success.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Duplex Days: How Chris got started in real estate was not intentional part of grand plan
- Mentor/Partner/Father-in-Law: Chris connected with retiree making serious cash flow
- Commissions: Put money down on multifamily properties to increase cash flowing assets
- Caution – Shiny Objects: Leverage basic tech platforms and tools to scale business
- Workflow: Follow steps in processes, make it consistent, and checklist everything
- Avatar: Why Chris focuses on raising capital, growing with high-tech sales entrepreneurs
- Property Challenge: Buying is more competitive but more info is available/accessible
- Metrics: Are we growing? How are the expenses? Are meetings and investor calls up?
- Motivation: Big goals and big dreams to own 300 units all paid off to generate cash flow
- To Do: Plan and map out daily, weekly, yearly goals – include revenue-generating activity
- Moving the Business Forward: Is what you are doing matter or just keeping you busy?
- Primary Partnerships: How Chris builds relationships and sources deals to grow portfolio
- Lessons Learned: Feel sorry for yourself for a few minutes, then start working again
- Overlooked Aspects: Numbers game – don’t let emotions/assumptions get in the way
Links and Resources:
High Tech Freedom
Chris Freeman on LinkedIn
High Tech Freedom Podcast
The VA Hub
Free Passive Investor eBook by Wayne Courreges
The Untold Stories of Real Estate Investing Podcast