n this episode, Wayne talks to Stewart Heath, Chairman and CEO of Harvard Grace Capital (HGC), which provides fractional C-level executive services to clients as well as general business consulting.
Stewart sits on several boards, including HGC, Winsome Truth, The Shepherd’s Call, and Second Chance Sober Living. Also, he holds several fractional CFO positions.
Previously, Stewart held positions as COO and CFO for companies in retail, real estate, manufacturing, corporate services, entertainment, and digital media. He earned his CPA license in 1987 and has since held several senior financial and operating positions. Stewart also holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Auburn University.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Inheritance: How and when Stewart became interested in real estate, long-term assets
- Carleton Sheets: Who inspired Stewart to transition from taxes to real estate investing
- Lessons Learned: Financial crisis, pandemic changed view on value of equity/reserves
- 840/565 Corridor: Stewart chooses market based on competition, growth, and familiarity
- Inflation and Interest Rates: What to expect and how they will impact real estate
- Real Estate Cycle: Consumer demand, labor shortages dictate where businesses locate
- Real Estate Metrics: Stewart recommends various resources to research interest rates
- Financial/Tax Strategies: Use retirement accounts, credit unions for better terms/deals