In this episode, Wayne talks to U.S. Marine Shelon “Hutch” Hutchinson, Owner and Co-founder of H Squared Capital, about building veterans wealth in real estate.
Hutch immigrated from Jamaica in 1998 and has been serving the nation for more than 23 years. He is a Master Gunnery Sergeant E9 and has created and led teams of various sizes that performed effectively in training and combat operations. Semper Fi!
Hutch has successfully executed more than $2.4 million in single-family real estate transactions. His most recent real estate transaction was a syndication in Augusta, Georgia, with more than 167 units.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- How Hutch got into real estate – followed in his father’s footsteps
- Off-market MLS Listings: Hutch’s strategy to expand and scale his business
- Start Conversation: Talk to people to see potential and sell property for cash
- Market Trend Tools: Ways to find economic data, job growth, population, demographics
- Why multifamily? More predictable, stable, and safer — it’s all about risk
- Fix and Flips: Hutch’s experience cost to sell property or make a profit
- Marine Corp Traits: Use same stick-to-itiveness, assess potential in real estate investing
- Partnerships: Understand who you are and aspire to be to build better relationships
- Multifamily Investing: Hutch is committed to transitioning to a passive investor
- Economy of Scale: Who doesn’t want to double their money and save on taxes?
- Cost Segregation and Bonus Depreciation: What needs to happen to get ROI, retire?
Leave a Reply