In this episode, Wayne talks to Maurice Philogene, founding managing partner of Quattro Capital, retired lieutenant colonel, federal agent, IT services executive, and real estate investor.
With more than 300 acquisitions and dispositions completed, Maurice has built a portfolio of 35 single-family homes as well as owns apartments and mobile homes in eight states.
Maurice uses real estate and professional careers to generate passive income and build legacy wealth while empowering communities and helping others through lifestyle design.
Maurice is passionate about living life by leveraging freedom principles. He believes that people are meant to live their best life, not simply exist.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Passive Income: How and why Maurice got started investing in real estate
- Schedule: Create and manage time for what’s important by building lifestyle
- Real Estate Ups and Downs: Don’t quit or give up, and focus on goals and purpose
- Bank Loans and Paychecks: Stable employment let Maurice buy homes in his name
- Less Aggressive Lending: Defining difference between recourse and non-recourse loans
- Lifestyle Design Hacks: Leave the rat race and leverage real estate for financial freedom
- Freedom Principles: Financial freedom, time freedom, geographic freedom, freedom of purpose, and freedom to build meaningful relationships
- Definition of Success: Peers always want more money, Maurice went after time creep
- Tools: Maurice uses SyndicationPro, Earth Class Mail, Loom, Slack, and Zoom
- Pros, Cons, Pitfalls: Market and interest rate protection related to real estate investing
- Bridge Loan vs. Agency Debt: What’s the difference and which is cheaper, riskier?