In this episode, Wayne talks to Bethany Finch, Community Enhancer at American Made Home Solutions, about creating Christ-centered workforce housing communities.
Previously, Bethany was a teacher and coach who transitioned to real estate. Her passion is to create change that is beautiful and sustainable.
Since the inception of American Made Home Solutions, Bethany and her team have rejuvenated neighborhoods and increased the standards of housing for residents.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Company Vision and Mission: Create sustainable growth
- Property Attributes: Numbers have to make sense for conditions and remote investing
- Cash Buyers: New real estate investors need to find creative ways to compete
- Consumer vs. Business Mindset: People get in trouble if they don’t know their numbers
- Passive Income: Potential to create momentum and leverage home loans/equity
- Single to Multifamily: Bethany and her husband’s vast experience and business sense
- Negative Growth: Markets where more people are leaving than coming to that market
- Additional Asset Classes: Build-to-rent and manufactured/modular homes w/ RV parking
- Step Back, Slow Down, Reprocess: How residents find, feel, love the spirit of Christ?
- Passive Investing Tips:
- Assume there will be no return that first year
- Ask about correspondence frequency to set expectations
- Ask how often will you get paid (different deals differentiate)
- Ask if you have voting rights or say (different scenarios, sometimes negotiable)
- Be willing to lose it all (it hurts to lose money, but not always detrimental)
Links and Resources:
Bethany Finch on LinkedIn
American Made Home Solutions, LLC
Free Passive Income Checklist
Purpose Driven Investments; Multifamily Real Estate
United Financial Freedom – Innovative Debt Elimination and Financial Tools
Del Webb: Retirement Communities
Free Passive Investor eBook by Wayne Courreges
The Untold Stories of Real Estate Investing Podcast