Do you want to or know how to outwork the competition in real estate? Get back to basics with a boot camp style, open enrollment training program called, CRE Analyst FastTrack. It strives to give professionals the best industry training at a fraction of the cost of traditional education methods.
In this episode, Wayne talks to James Ray, who co-teaches the FastTrack program and oversees regional commercial real estate acquisitions, developments, and joint ventures for an institutional investment manager. James spends much of his free time teaching the fundamentals and tools used by experienced real estate investors to succeed.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- James’ Job: Find value and understand entire commercial real estate market
- Money Threshold: Big institutions don’t like cutting checks less than $15-20 million
- Teach What You Know: Help people learn real estate business in/for less time, money
- Curriculum: Focuses on the eight critical fundamentals of commercial real estate
- Four Transaction Frameworks: Buying/selling, borrowing/lending, partnerships, leases
- Students: Differences between undergraduate, MBA, and professional classes/programs
- Right vs. Wrong Way: Invest in yourself to learn legitimate real estate skills or strikeout
- Strengthen Weaknesses: Most common struggles and setbacks students experience
- FastTrack Results: More than half of students have found a job or were promoted
- Valuation Skills: Most overlooked aspect of real estate investing
- Property Values and Taxes: If you miss the mark on taxes, returns are gone
- James’ Advice: Be own arbiter of fact/opinion, pick a spot/niche, find/be a good partner
https://www.creanalyst.com/ – CRE Analyst