In this episode, Wayne talks to Ryan Narus. Ryan Narus is a double graduate of Wake Forest University with an undergraduate degree in Psychology and an MBA with concentrations in Operations and Marketing. He started his real estate career with no money or experience but has grown his real estate portfolio to 17 mobile park homes. His strategy focused on investing with active investors and planning for the long term.
- The difficulties of a deal lead to opportunities for outside thinkers.
- Mobile homes have unexpected problems when trying to get financing.
- Banks care most about your reputation and your debt to coverage ratio.
- You have to partner with someone to act as a recourse holder to start.
- When you think everything is overpriced, your strategy is wrong.
- You can always pay more than the next guy.
- It would help if you only were using other people’s money to scale business.
- When you are active investors, you can pay more to capitalize on the long-term gains.
- Creativity is severely overlooked in real estate.