In this episode, Wayne talks to Spencer Hilligoss. Spencer is an active syndicator, real estate investor, and co-founder of Madison Investing. He started his career building high-performance teams across the technology sector and, in 2021, was a member of the Forbes Real Estate Council. Madison Investing has over 6000 units and over $800M in total acquisitions in multifamily and storage units.
Today’s topics include:
- You have to take stock of your reality to find the deals you are looking for.
- You have to honestly know and vet your potential partners before you do a deal with them.
- Storage units are a recession resistance asset class.
- Traffic count and visibility to the road are significant components of a good self storage unit.
- Radius+ website is a great way to compare occupancy of storage units.
- Value can be added to storage units by cleaning up operational inefficiences and renovating the facility.
- Local resources are the best way to get an idea of what other self-storage units are going for in an area.
- Looking at real deals are one of the best ways to educate investors.
- Real Estate forms like Bigger Pockets have great hidden resources.
- When you invest in real estate, you have to take care of your tenants to create long term relationships with them.
Free Passive Investor eBook by Wayne Courreges
The Untold Stories of Real Estate Investing Podcast
Leave a Reply